Complete the work visa form

Step 1 of 8

  • Checklist of Work Permit with LMIA:

    • Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM 1295)
    • Employment Reference Letter:
      • If you have had more than two employers in the last two years, please provide a letter from both employers.
      • Reference letters must be written on company letterhead, show the company's full address and
      • telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company's official seal.
    • The letter should include all of the following information:
      • the specific period of your employment with the company
      • the positions you held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
      • full details of your main responsibilities in each position
      • your total annual salary plus benefits
      • the signature of your immediate supervisor or the personnel officer at the company
      • a business card of the person signing
    • Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from ESDC
    • Representative Submission Letter
    • Passport (All Pages)
    • Employment Records:
      • You must provide proof of work experience for your current job and for each past position you listed. Proof must include a reference letter from your employer and pay stubs, if you have them. The reference letter must:
        • be an official document printed on company letterhead
        • include your name, the company's contact information (address, telephone number and e-mail address), the signature of your immediate
        • show all positions held while employed at the company
        • include these details: job title, duties/responsibilities, job status (if current job), the dates you worked for the company, the number of work hours per week and your annual salary plus benefits.
    • Use of Representative
    • CV/Resume
    • Digital Photo
    • Employment Contract
    • Family Information (IMM 5645)
    • Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered
      • Educational Documents
      • Proof of English Language
      • Any Other Related Documents or Certificates
    • Schedule 1 – Application for Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
    • Client Information
      • Police Clearance
      • Bank Statement
      • Title Deed

    Previous work experience is a document you should get from your previous employer in your country in which it states the name of the company, your job position and the start and end date of your employment.


    All the documents must be translated in English by a certified translator. Original documents or certified copy of original documents must be included.